Wednesday, 31 December 2014

Just me!

Living someone else's life,
It is simply not mine.
Forever wanting to please,
The clouds are over shadowing my shine.

Your life is not yours alone,
Choices are made.
Holding your soul at bay!
Time forever flows.

A times when your life wants to reclaim.
What in your heart you know is true.
Choices are never easy,
Life will never be the same!

By
Michelle Morseu
Copyright 2015


1 comment:

  1. I very much like the photo you have included with your words Michelle, I've been hungering for the sea for nearly a year.
    Someone mentioned to me some years ago that I would probably do well living by the sea... and the words found a home in me, and the yearning grew.
    Still not fulfilled physically, but your photo reminds me just how good being by the seaside can feel.

    If I've understood your words, you are in the process of reclaiming your self.
    I've been doing that for some time now.
    It's not easy.
    By having changed aspects of my self to suit situations and folk, I've found the disposing of what became as much a habit as a natural part of me quite an undertaking.
    Most importantly I'm finding it's important I not feel embarrassed by simply being me, regardless of the situation or the folk present.

    Thinking about it all right now has me also realising that the process of reclaiming self is an ongoing work in progress because there adaptations necessary too...
    Your words 'life will never be the same' exemplify for me the realisation that I can never again be as I was because the experiences had will still influence who I am anyway.
    But just maybe the result of the reclaiming of me will bring forth a better me anyway.

    Good luck with your own reclaiming of you Michelle,,, if my understanding of your words have been correct.

    ReplyDelete